After replacement of a Router by a new model , all interfaces have changed of IFindex
In the NFA Console, the Enable Interfaces screen, it may show 2 interfaces using the same IFindex but different Description/Speed, and only the Old interfaces are still collecting the data
The new interfaces does not appear in the Physical and virtual panel, So no merge is possible .
NFA 9.3.6 and 9.3.8
The old interfaces are renamed with the "Old" prefix in the harvester.persistent_map table, but they are not updated in the harvester.interfaces_snmp table and the harvester.interfaces table doesn't have the updated interfaces mapping.
The steps below should resolve the issue.
1. On the Harvester server, open a command prompt to log in to mysql by running:
2. Run the following using the ip address of your problem device to delete the existing interface mappings:
delete from interfaces where inet6_ntoa(router)="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx";
3. Then run the following to force the changes back up to the NFA Console's database:
Update routers set updatedon=unix_timestamp();
Update persistent_map set updatedon=unix_timestamp();
4. Recycle the CA NFA Harvester service.
5. After allowing data to collect you should start to see data collect on the new interfaces, which should eventually get licensed and allow you to merge the Old interface data into the new the new interface data if you wish to keep historical data.
Defect # DE320627 has been established with development, pending a long term fix.