New UX: When resetting the password, PPM does not verify that the New Password and Confirm password data given match. Even if those do not match, password gets reset
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Log in to PPM and ensure new UX is enabled.
2. Go to Administration > Organization and Access > Resources
3. Edit any user profile and add your email address ad user email address.
4. Go to the new UX URL, let say: http://emea154sp1/pm
5. Click on Forgot Password
6. Enter the user name you want to have the password reset
7. You will receive an email like:
We have received a request to reset your CA PPM™ password. To proceed, please click on the following link.
8. Open the link and you will find a window where you need to enter the new password
9. Give as a New Password: Mynowpwd
Confirm Password: Mynewpwd
10. Submit it
Expected Result: I should be alerted that both passwords given do not match.
Actual Result: Password gets reset to Mynowpwd and no alert is given about password matching. As a typo was made when entering the password, I am not able to log in.
This is caused by DE41973
Workaround: Reset password again in new UX or reset it in the Classic UI