STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login as Admin user to Activate New UX Timesheets
- From Administration - System Option - Activate Timesheets (under New User experience)
2. As a User with open timesheets available navigate to Home - General - My Timesheets portlet
3. And click on any available entry in the "My Timesheets" portlet to submit timesheet
Timesheet should open in New User Experience
Timesheet pop-up gets displayed with a Classic theme
CA PPM SaaS and CA PPM On Premise
The 'My Timesheets' portlet still links to the Classic timesheet instead of New UX timesheet. This is because when New UX was release we gave an Action Link to navigate to New UX timesheet but all existing portlets still navigates to Classic UI which was never changed.
'My Timesheets' portlet link to New UX Timesheet will be handled as a new feature request.
- Remove 'My Timesheets' portlet from General tab for the Users
- So that Users can only submit Timesheets through New UX Timesheets available through Action Link?
There is a difference in behavior between the Classic and New UX timesheets in terms of handling the "Open For Time Entry" flag for items that were already present on the timesheet when the flag was changed ('closed').
- Classic UI would allow the User to save entries anyway. But not allow you to add the item to the sheet if it wasn't there already.
- With New UX Timesheets it does not even allow you to save the entries. In this instance, the Modern UX is enhanced over the Classic UI.