- We have created a SystemEDGE log file watcher.
- If we put a keyword like "test" then alarm is getting generated.
- If we then add a match criteria such as "Database has crashed" to the same file, and create a new log file monitor the alarm is not getting generated.
When testing new Log File monitor entries keep the following in mind:
- The first poll cycle will only stat the log for file size.
- Once the monitor goes active any new lines after the initial file stat are monitored. Lines present before the file stat are ignored.
- For the purposes of testing log file monitoring, create and initialize the log file monitor entry BEFORE populating the log with test data.
- You can view the sysedge.mon file for all defined monitors.
5. A monitor is not initialized until it reads as active: