Please read the XCOM for Windows Release 11.6 SP01 cover letter for an overview of this upgrade.
XCOM r11.6 SP01 is cumulative with all fixes published for r11.6 SP00 at the time of its release. You can now perform an upgrade from 11.6 SP00 which migrates all your your settings and files. It doesn’t require you to reboot the server after the install which was previously required.
Windows r11.6 SP01 supports the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 2008 R2 Server (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 2008 Server SP2 (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 2012 R2 Server (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 2012 Server (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 2012 R2 server core (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 2012 server core (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (x86 64-bit)
32-Bit XCOM runs on any of the 64-Bit machines mentioned in the document. We have used only 64-Bit operating systems to certify 32-Bit version of XCOM. This can be useful in case you are interested in using 32-Bit XCOM only (possibly due to any integration with other software).
- You can upgrade CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows 11.6 32-bit to CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows 11.6 SP01 32-bit, but you cannot upgrade from 11.6 32-bit to 11.6 SP01 64-bit.
- Similarly, you can upgrade CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows 11.6 64-bit to CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows 11.6 SP01 64 bit, but you cannot upgrade from 11.6 64-bit to 11.6 SP01 32-bit.
- The CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows r11.6 SP01 installer acts as both a new and upgrade installer. If the Installer does not find any installed XCOM instance on your computer, the installer acts as a new installer. If the installer finds a Release 11.6 XCOM instance, the installer acts an upgrade installer.
Here are the steps to download r11.6 SP01:
• Login to http://support.ca.com
• Go to Download Centre -> Download Products
• From “Select Product” dropdown, Select Product Name. (ex: CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows Family Server - WINDOWS NT)
• Select r11.6 from “Select Release” dropdown.
• Select SP01 from “Choose Gen level” dropdown and click on GO.
• Download ISO image “DVD03144800E.iso” for 64-Bit product or “DVD03154215E.iso” for 32-Bit product.
Here is the Overview for the XCOM for Windows 11.6 SP01 upgrade from XCOM for Windows 11.6 SP00:
When you run the installation program to upgrade the product, it performs the following tasks:
- Performs pre-installation checks
- Backs up the following information from the existing product environment: XCOM_HOME directory Registry Keys
- Installs the following entities: CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows binary files and services CAPKI and CA License software
- Restores the existing CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows User customized settings:
- customized configuration files
- exit scripts
- User customized configuration folders, including ssl, tmp, preferences, trace, and convtab registry settings
- Copies the user specified JDBC driver jar files to the XCOM_HOME/lib directory
- Removes the existing CAPKI software. Performs configuration file migration where the key value pair are compared and merged in configuration files like xcom.glb, xcom.cnf and configssl.cnf.
- Migrates the history database schema from Release 11.6 to 11.6 SP01.
- Migrates the Transfer Queue records from Release 11.6 to 11.6 SP01.
- Performs post-installation tasks.
- The ca.olf file will go in C:\CA_LIC.
Go to our docops site for more in depth about the Upgrade from release 11.6
If you are currently using XCOM r11.5, you can refer to this documentation Upgrade from Release 11.5 for details on how to upgrade to r11.6 SP01.
If you are not registered on our site, support.ca.com, please follow these steps to register:
- Go to support.ca.com and click on Register
- Fill out the form, making sure to select "Enterprise Support Access" on the "Support Access Information" section of the form.
- Enter your siteid in the "Enterprise Site ID" - very important
- Fill out the rest of the form
- You will not be registered immediately. Wait for an email confirming your registration.