STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create an Entity
2. Create 24 monthly fiscal time periods (ensure there is no overlap of dates)
3. Open up one of the monthly fiscal time periods and modify the name
Expected Results: Should be able to successfully change the period name
Actual Results: The message 'New periods must not create a gap with the existing periods' occurs
This is caused by DE36786
This is resolved within CA PPM 15.4
1. Go to the fiscal period grid
2. Go to specific fiscal period
3. Click on translate icon.
4. User can see the labels in all supported language. User can choose to update the label in one or multiple languages and save.
5. User will now see updated label (based on user’s language) in grid.
The workaround of updating the Period Name from the Translation page does work in the UI. But the BIZ_COM_PERIODS table is not getting updated.
This table is heavily used for portlets and reports and therefore show the old period name causing confusion.
How can we update those?
For any release prior to 15.4, run the following update:
UPDATE BIZ_COM_PERIODS SET PERIOD_NAME = 'xxxx' WHERE ID IN (yyyy)
xxxx = the new period name you want to set
yyyy = the internal BIZ_COM_PERIODS id that needs to be modified