- BSTXCOPY is a new CA Endevor utility that performs the same functions as BSTCOPY.
- BSTCOPY is a processor utility and can only be executed within a CA Endevor Processor.
- BSTXCOPY is an external version of this processor utility.
- BSTXCOPY can be used to copy between PDS load libraries and PDSE load libraries, from PDSE to PDSE, and from PDSE back to PDS.
- BSTXCOPY can copy aliases but the original LOADLIB member must be present in the FROM library.
When converting a CA Endevor processor output library that contains Footprints from PDS to PDSE, IEBCOPY should also not be used because the *LOADMOD Footprints will be lost.
This utility is delivered with CA Endevor V18.0 and higher and available for Endevor r15.1, 16.0 and v17 via PTF.
Below you will find a link for each version to the PTF.
The following JCL shows how to execute this utility. The first library in the STEPLIB contains the Endevor site specific modules (C1DEFLTS, ENDICNFG etc.):
//COPYEX EXEC PGM=NDVRC1,PARM=BSTXCOPY
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.ENDEVOR.CSIQAUTU
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.ENDEVOR.CSIQAUTH
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.ENDEVOR.CSIQLOAD
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT3 DD UNIT=VIO,SPACE=(CYL,(1,2))
//SYSUT4 DD UNIT=VIO,SPACE=(CYL,(1,2))
//INDD DD DISP=(OLD,PASS),DSN=YOUR.PDS.LOADLIB (PDS)
//OUTDD DD DISP=(OLD,PASS),DSN=YOUR.NEW.PDSE.LOADLIB (PDSE)
//SYSIN DD *
Go to the CA Documentation site --- https://docops.ca.com
• Logon using your email address and CA Support Online password
• In the Select Product drop down box, search for Endevor and select the appropriate version
• In the Table of Contents on the right, go to :
>> BSTXCOPY Utility Copies Between Load Libraries
For more information about the input syntax and restrictions, see:
>> Extended Processors