Need to block users from modifying nas probe
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
Where can we configure the security access to nas probe so that users can't modify it?
There is no way of restricting a user from modifying\editing a specific probe as long as they can see it in IM or AC. Administrators can create ACL and remove the probe they don't want to give access to from the view. If you remove the probe from the view users won't be able to edit or modify them. Here is an example on how to remove the probe from the view.
- Open IM
- At the top Menu select ->Security->MANAGE ACCESS CONTROL LIST
- Create a new ACL based on Administrator group
- Select the new ACL, then press "Set Infrastructure Filter" button
- Add a filter that include all probes except NAS and save
- Go to IM->Security->User Administration
- Edit user that you do not like to have NAS probe to access and assign it the new Access Control List you created
- Now if you login with the above user account and select the hub the nas probe is located on you'll notice the probe is not listed.
Was this information helpful?