NAS Failing to start after NMS upgrade - client wanted to roll NAS probe back and remove Alarm Enrichment
Windows or Linx
NMS 7.x ( UIM)
Nas probe Upgrade from 4.10
1) Client upgraded NAS probe only to 4.11 from 4.10 to resolve an issue.
2) After upgrade NAS would not start
3) client had deactivated Alarm-Enrichment as it was causing issues.
4) As NAS was not starting Client re-deployed NAS 4.10 but NAS would not start
5) Even though Logging was enabled no NAS logs were being generated
6) Client tried a full restart of the system this also did not help
7) We enabled logging on the controller and set it to level 3 and size of 2000
8) We then tried to start the NAS again.
9) We saw an error in the Controller log stating NAS could not start because alarm_enrichment was not activated.
10) We activated Alarm-Enrichment for a test and NAS then did start
11) client did not want to run Alarm-Enrichment so we had to remove the dependencies.
12) In the Controller.cfg file, after making a back up, we removed the "start_after = alarm_enrichment" from the NAS section of the config file.
13) In the NAS.cfg file, After making a backup, We changed subject to "Alarm" from "Alarm2" and enrichment_subject from "Alarm" to Alarm2" ( No quotes)
14) Once this was done we restarted the robot
15) Once the robot was restarted we then enabled NAS
16) NAS started without a problem.