The instructions for resolution come officially from the VMware KB article, found here: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2002767
The instructions from that KB article linked to on the VMware website should be followed.
At a high level, the instructions involve the following:
- Connect to the ESX server to manage the virtual machine settings of the node which isn't working.
- View the network adapter settings and note the MAC address.
- Login to that virtual machine and navigate to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
- Edit the appropriate file representing the interface affected, such as ifcfg-eth0 for eth0. Update the MAC address to reflect the address found in step 2 above.
- Save the changes to that file, then re-activate the interface by running this command (replacing eth0 with the interface affected): ifup eth0
Note: The /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file may also need to be updated to the new MAC address.