When configuring a site defined condition to trigger events when a ticket status changes, multiple/duplicate events may be triggered.
For each Activity Association, there is an Activity Type which would trigger an event. For this example, we will use a notification event.
The Activity Type is 'UPDATE STATUS' for both the Change Order and Workflow Task objects. When the status of the Change Order is changed, both notifications are triggered. As a result, both attach similar events to the Change Order ticket.
The two 'UPDATE STATUS' notifications are:
- Workflow Task Update Status
- Change Order Update Status
By default, the Activity Association for 'Workflow Task Status' is set to the 'UPDATE STATUS' Activity Type. This will result in multiple/duplicate events being triggered when the Change Order (or any other ticket type with attached Workflow Tasks) ticket status is changed.
The resolution is to change the 'Workflow Task Update Status' Notification Association to 'FIELD UPDATE'. This will not trigger any Notification Events since the event now does not satisfy the site defined condition that checks for the 'UPDATE STATUS' event to send a notification event. Since the Activity Type is still set to 'UPDATE STATUS' for the 'Change Order Update Status' object, the notification event will still work for the Change Order status change and the appropriate events triggered.
- Login to CA Service Desk Manager with Administrator access.
- Go to ADMINISTRATION -> NOTIFICATIONS -> ACTIVITY ASSOCIATIONS. Click on SHOW FILTER and filter the Activity Associations based Workflow Task Object Type as shown in Figure 1 below:
- Right-click on the STATUS Activity Association and click on EDIT.
- Update ACTIVITY TYPE to FIELD UPDATE from the default setting of UPDATE STATUS as shown in Figure 2.
- Click SAVE