While opening DSM Explorer we get to notice that multiple plug-ins like egc30n.exe, cmObjectManager.exe, cmEngine.exe, rcManSrv.exe crashes at module lic98.dll
- Take a backup of CA_LIC Folder with in the shared components folder.
- Stop all CA Services (CAF Stop)
- Unzip the lic98_uninstaller.zip file from shared components folder.
- Once unzipped, execute rmlicense.bat (The batch file will remove all license files from machine.)
- Do make sure that CA_LIC Folder with in shared components has no files, once confirmed, please delete the CA_LIC Folder and make sure that you delete all instances of CA_LIC folder except leaving the one which you have taken backup of.
- Download the Updated License Files for WINDOWS from below mentioned URL: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpdocs?filePath=0/common/reglic/readme_standalone.html
- Once you have downloaded the file, please execute silent.exe and this file will regenerate all License files and also will recreate the CA_LIC Folder with in shared components.
- Once above steps are followed, please make sure that you copy the ca.olf file from backup copy of CA_LIC and paste it in to the New CA_LIC Folder.
- Start the CA Services (CAF START) and check by opening the DSM Explorer. It should be opening up fine.
Other Relevant Information :
If is the issue is still persisting then please provide the following information while contacting CA Technical Support:
- Screenshot of the error
- Provide the Crash dump file which will get created with in the Unicenter DSM\logs folder.
- Provide DSMINFO logs in detail mode.