- We are currently using the CA Automation Point View (APView R11.1) client. How many characters in the password field are supported for entry?
- Are any of the password characters filtered either through the client or the server? Any characters removed for any reason?
- Answer: There is no filtering, so other than zero string end character, anything that can be typed in is passed. Password is in 8 bit ASCI, so some non-English codepage characters would be passed in as their respective code, which could for some of those be difficult to type on different machine with different code-page, but that is common problem and people using such national setting knows and avoid it.
3. Are all password characters entered 'passed through' to the active directory API then to active directory?
4. Is there a character limitation with the AD API being used. Any character filtering?