MSP Project Save failed message when attempting to save a local MSP Project to an existing Clarity PPM project
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA PPM SAAS MICROSOFT PROJECT (MSP):ODMSP
When attempting to overwrite a local MSP (Microsoft Project) project to an existing project in Clarity PPM in the MSP New Driver, receive a Project Save failed error.
In the app-ca.log, a warning message references
"Referenced Project record (UID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) does not exist"
Tip: To get to the app-ca.logs, see the following KB that will walk both On Premise and SaaS customers on steps to retrieve the log:
Ensure the Text3 data for the project summary task for the local project matches that of the project in PPM. See
for the steps on how to do this.
For other causes of the Project Save failed error see the below KB articles:
- MSP Save Failed error due to task Start or Finish Date issues in MSP
- Unable to Save Projects back to PPM from MSP if the Project Team has More than One Instance of the Same Role
- In MSP, receive a "Save Failed" error referencing a Unique Constraint Violation in the logs
CA PPM MSP Support Document Indexes:
- CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
- CA PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index
Was this information helpful?