Using the new MSP driver, Milestones marked as 100% complete will export to MSP as 99% complete if the Milestone is marked for Fixed Duration.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install the New Driver
- Open MSP, go to File > Options > Schedule > Calculate project after each edit > On
- Close MSP
- Go to CA PPM, and create a new project
- Create a new task and check the boxes to make it a Milestone and Fixed Duration
- Set the Milestone to 100% Complete
- Export the project to MSP
Expected Result: The Milestone is 100% Complete in MSP
Actual Result: The Milestone is 99% Complete in MSP
This issue applies to 14.2 and 14.3 MSP New Driver.
This issue is caused by CLRT-79258 which is due to a Microsoft® Office Project defect.
This issue has been fixed by Microsoft Project with a Microsoft update support in CA PPM 14.4 and higher.
Un-mark the Milestone for Fixed Duration.
Reference TEC1508652 for the same issue affecting Fixed Unit type milestones
Reference TEC1366743 for when this issue can occur when it is unaffected by any defect but caused by not using a recommended setting in Microsoft Project
Reference TEC1292553 for the status of the defect regarding tasks with assignments at 100% complete