Milestone marked at 100% complete exports to MSP at 99% when using the 14.2 new MSP driver.
This issue affects any milestone created in CA PPM as the duration is 0 with start and finish date having the same date/time; it affects milestones that are both Fixed Duration and Fixed Unit types; it occurs even when the option 'Updating Task status updates resource status' is disabled per the Integration Green Book (see additional reference below).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project in CA PPM
- Create a milestone and mark it 100% Complete
- Open the project to Microsoft Project
- Review the Milestone
Expected Result: Milestone still show 100% complete.
Actual Result: Milestone shows 99% Complete.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
This is tracked as CLRT-77258 and caused by a confirmed Microsoft Project defect.
Resolved in CA PPM 14.3 for Fixed Unit milestone tasks as we have coded around the Microsoft defect in 14.3 to prevent it from occurring. For the same issue affecting Fixed Duration milestones please see Additional Information below.
In Microsoft Project, change the duration of the task to 1 day and set the task to a milestone. This will create a 1 day duration milestone.
- Reference CA PPM Resolved Defect Index for CA PPM 14.3
- Reference TEC1447705 for the status of the defect regarding Fixed Duration milestones
- Reference TEC1292553 for the status of the defect regarding tasks with assignments at 100% complete
- Reference TEC1366743 for when this issue can occur if the option 'Updating Task status updates resource status' is not disabled per the Green Book