Moving Applications Manager to a new Home directory on the same UNIX machine
If you want to copy and move the Applications Manager home directory to a different location on the same UNIX machine, then you can use the following procedure. Please be sure to test this in a non-production environment before doing this in production.
Stop all Applications Manager (AM) processes and kill awcomm. Make sure nothing is running out of your AM home directory.
- Copy the files to an archive:
find . -print|cpio -ocvm|compress > tmp/appworx.cpio.Z
Note: in this write-up, we use the cpio command. Customers have also had success with using tar to make an archive, but they had to make the archive as the UNIX root user to maintain file permissions. If you need help with this, please ask your UNIX system administrator.
- Move the appworx.cpio.Z file to the new home location.
- Unpack the information:
>cat appworx.cpio.Z|uncompress|cpio -icvmd
- Rename your site/sosite and site/awenv.ini files so that the Applications Manager install script will ask you to verify your install settings. The install script will create new versions of these files.
- If you copy your History files and output files to the new home directory, you will need to update the paths for those files:
- Please contact Automic Support for SQL statements.
- Update the links in the bin directory to reflect the correct $AW_HOME directory in the path (remove the links using rm, and then recreate the links using the ln -s command, an example is shown below).
ln -s /home/someuser/somemaster/c/awexe awexe
- Run cdinst.sh from your install CD or source install directory. (Don't run awinstall, because awinstall won't expand the Apache files you need.) At the end of the install, you will have a new sosite file that has the correct SQLOPER_HOME and AW_HOME AppWorx environment variables.
Note: After you install Apache, you might be asked this:
Do you want to re-install apache? [N]
If you already installed Apache, make sure you choose N for no. When you get to the main menu, choose the upgrade option.
- Start processes. If everything works, you can delete your old home.