As part of a infrastructure improvement plan, we need to move certain databases to a cluster of servers. Currently CA ALC is installed on a remote Stand Alone SQL Server. It is important to know how to move the vegas database to this new server (New cluster with different Name and IP Address). Thanks for your help.
CA ALC 3.x
SQL Server database
ALC uses JDBC rather than ODBC to connect to the database, so I believe you would need to:
1. Shut down all vegas services
2. Move the SQL Server database according to instructions provided by Microsoft. You should be sure to move the userids and passwords associated with the vegas database as well
3. Run <alc server home>\bin\configure.bat to adjust all options that reference the vegas database to connect to the correct hostname and instance
4. If needed, run <alc server home>\lib\plugins\configureALM.bat to adjust all options that reference the vegas database to connect to the correct hostname and instance
5. If everything is set you should be able to start up the vegas services. If all services start correctly, try to connect with ALC client to confirm that everything is working.