Detailed Description and Symptoms
Need to move UC4 data file to another location for migrating purpose
- Use Attach/Detach function of SQL Server. \
- Moving SQL Server data file does not impact UC4 System since connection between them via ODBC
- Reference articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071
Note You can determine the name and the current location of all files that a database uses by using the sp_helpfilestored procedure:
- Start SQL Server 2005 Management Studio. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click New Query, and then detach the database as follows:
use master go sp_detach_db 'mydb' go
- Copy the data files and the log files from the current location (D:\Mssql7\Data) to the new location (E:\Sqldata).
- Reattach the database. Point to the files in the new location as follows:
Verify the change in file locations by using the sp_helpfile stored procedure:
use master go sp_attach_db 'mydb','E:\Sqldata\mydbdata.mdf','E:\Sqldata\mydblog.ldf' go
The filename column values should reflect the new locations.
use mydb go sp_helpfile go