This example outlines how to migrate and upgrade CA SDM r11.2 installed on Windows 2003 (32-bit) with SQL Server 2005, to CA SDM Release 14.1 on a Windows 2008 64-bit system with SQL Server 2008 successfully.
Follow these steps:
1. Migrate to CA SDM Release 14.1 on the same computer.
2. Upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008.
3. Back up the MDB database.
4. Install CA SDM Release 14.1 on Windows 2008 (64-bit).
5. Load the MDB backup that you completed in Step 3.
6. Move the $NX_ROOT\site\mod folder from the older computer to the new computer.
7. Update the NX.env file with the modified variables.
8. Copy the Attachment folder from the older computer to the new computer.
9. Run configuration again on the new computer.
10. Update the computer details in the required places in Options Manager.