This example will outline how to migrate and upgrade CA SDM r11.2 installed on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 with Oracle 10g, to CA SDM Release 14.1 on a Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 system with Oracle 11g R2 successfully.
Follow these steps:
1. Migrate to CA SDM r12.5 on the same computer.
2. Back up the MDB database.
3. Install CA SDM r12.5 on Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 with Oracle 11g R2.
4. Load the MDB backup that you completed in Step 2.
5. Move the $NX_ROOT\site\mod folder from the older computer to the new computer.
6. Update the NX.env file with the modified variables.
7. Copy the Attachment folder from the older computer to the new computer.
8. Run configuration again on the new computer.
9. Update the computer details in the required places in Options Manager.
10. Migrate from CA SDM r12.5 to Release 14.1.