How to Enable Metering to see if an Application has been launched in X days?
Client Automation - All versions
To achieve that task you need to follow the these steps.
- Open the DSM Explorer
- Browse to the Desired Group and expand Group Details->Configuration
- Right-click on 'Collect Tasks' and select 'New'
- Select 'Software Usage'.
- Click 'OK'
- Provide a name for the Task and set the desired scheduling.
- Go to the 'Application' tab.
- Click 'Add'
- Select the desired app using the drop-down list.
- Uncheck 'Network Drive' unless this is applicable.
- Select 'No Action' radio button.
- Set the licenses to appropriate number or '32000' which is the maximum.
- Click 'Online' tab.
- Disable 'Enable Online Software Usage'
- Go to the 'Auditing' tab. (You can de-select 'Audit libraries')
- Check to enable auditing.
- Click ok.(At this point allow the scans to run on machines then proceed)
- Under the group 'Group Details' folder, expand 'Software'
- Find the item called 'USAGE'
- Right-Click on 'USAGE' and select 'VIEW'
- Set the Desired Time Span
Do not enable software usage on more than a Few Software Titles and not on too many machines at a time, otherwise there will be slowdown on the DM.