May I do an Upgrade when going to CA XCOM for AS/400 i5/OS r11 SP01 or do I Need to Perform a New Install? If I need to do a new install, can I migrate my configurations?
You must do a new install when going to AS/400 i5/OS r11 SP01 from release 3.0. You may do an upgrade when going to AS/400 i5/OS r11 SP01 from r11 SP00.
You may retain your configurations even though doing a new install:
- Shut down XCOM.
- Issue a DSPLIBL to verify if the XCOM library is in the System or User library list.
- If needed, issue a RMVLIBLE to remove them.
- Rename your current library to XCOM2SP0 (for example)
- Do a new install following the instructions in Getting Started (for AS/400 i5/OS)
- At the COPY FILES FROM LIBRARY prompt specify XCOM2SP0.
- XCOM will copy over all your Remote System Profiles from the old XCOM library to your new XCOM library.
Please refer to the CA XCOM Data Transport for AS/400 i5/OS Release Summary for SP01 for changes and enhancements at SP01.