Manual Notify activities do not show on the Activity log.
This could happen after following these steps:
- Open an Incident, Request, or Problem.
Note: For the remaining steps, an Incident is opened, for example.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on Activities from the menu, and select Manual Notify.
- Complete the Manual Notification form and click Notify to send out a notification.
- Automatically, the Manual Notification window is closed and focus is returned to the Incident Detail window.
Note: The message area in the Incident Detail window contains the message:
This record has 1 accepted update(s) pending - press Save or Cancel as desired.
This message refers to the update on the activity log, if you do not save it, the activity log does not get updated.
- Click the Cancel button (do not save).
You receive a popup window which requires you to confirm that you do not want to Save the pending updates.
- Click OK in the popup window that contains the message:
There are 1 pending updates which are not saved. Are you sure you want to cancel those changes?
Due to the cancellation of the Edit in step#5 via the confirmation in step #7, a Manual Notify activity type is not added to the Activity Log List for the Incident.