LXX keeps filling when trying to Import a CA7 Database,
and now getting the following error:
DB00311I - LOG AREA IS 100% FULL, SPILLING TRACK NONE, OUT OF 2027
How should I handle this problem?
You should prevent the LXX becoming full. Getting 100% full message stops your Multi-user.
You still need to re-allocate the LXX larger. Consult your Using Product Support for information.
Spilling should be an automated activity if not then you need to check on regular basis how full is the LXX.
If it happens you need to SPILL the LXX into the RXX.
A SPILL job is provided in the Datacom/AD library INSTJCL:
- in 14.0 member INSTJCL(AD14LXXS)
- in 15.0 member INSTJCL(AD15LXXS)
- How can I determine what is the current percentage of the Datacom log file (LXX) in use?
Document ID: TEC449348
- How to use CA SYSVIEW to monitor CA Datacom LXX utilization?
Document ID: TEC1449275
- Can I use automation routines to manage my CA Datacom Log file spills on a z/os system?
Document ID: TEC465144
see also other technical documents related to LXX.