When setting up Localization and implementing multiple languages within Identity Manager you may have a need to configure translating a 4 letter language code (i.e. zh-tw).
So how do you translate each of the resource bundle property files with a 4 letter Language code dictionary file?
- resources.properties (both ui7 & imcss)
- <tokenized xml>.properties
The Java convention for locale is that a browser language that's represented by xx-yy is represented in java by xx_yy (the dash turns into an underscore).
This entire mechanism is case sensitive.
The resource bundles file that's being picked is:
- If file exists that matches locale xx_yy then that file is being selected.
- If file does not exist that matches xx_yy, but another file that matches xx only exists, then that file is being selected.
- If neither one above is found then the default file without any locale is selected (IMSResources.properties).