How do I load contacts into Service Desk and update both the ca_contact and usp_contact table accordingly?
- Back up your MDB if possible, or at least the ca_contact and usp_contact tables. You can do this by running pdm_extract ca_contact > ca_contact_backup.txt and pdm_extract usp_contact > usp_contact_backup.txt
- Create a pdm_load file for the ca_contact table. You can obtain the proper format by running
pdm_extract -f "SELECT * FROM ca_contact WHERE userid='ServiceDesk'", and this will give you the entry for the Service Desk user. You can create your entries to be loaded based on this example entry.
- Run pdm_load -f yourfile.txt to load the information that you created in step 1
- Create a similar load file for usp_contact. You can run pdm_extract -f "SELECT * FROM usp_contact WHERE id=servicedesk_uuid_from_ca_contact_table". You can obtain the id from the ca_contact table for the ServiceDesk entry.
- You may need to use pdm_deref to translate the userids to UUIDs and vice versa when creating this load file. An example of this is provided here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-desk-manager/managing-your-database/how-to-use-pdm_deref-example
- Change the first line of your load file to be the following: TABLE usp_contact (NONEWID)
- Load the usp_contact file using this command: pdm_userload -m -f yourfile.txt
- Verify that the UUIDs in usp_contact match up with the UUIDs in ca_contact.
- If you have any issues, contact CA Support and we can assist you in repairing the failed loads or in restoring your backup.
Another approach that can be considered is: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec431619.aspx