Load Data Warehouse job failed after changing maximum size on the string attribute with the error below:
[CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-20100: ENCOUNTERED EXCEPTION IN DWH_DIM_LOAD (DWH_ODF_TESTOBJ). SQLERRM : ORA-12899: value too large for column "CLARITY153_DWH"."DWH_ODF_TESTOBJ"."TEST" (actual: 79, maximum: 60)
ORA-06512: at line 31
AFFECTED VERSIONS: 15.3
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create custom master object and check Include in the Data Warehouse flag
2. Create Test string type attribute with maximum size 20 and check Include in the Data Warehouse flag
3. Create at least one instance of the custom object and populate Test attribute created in the step 2 with data
4. Run Load Data Warehouse job with Full sync mode
5. Once job completes successfuly go back and update maximum size for Test attribute created in step 2 to 80 and click on Save.
6. Now go to the custom object instance created in step 3 and now update String value to something 80 characters long.
7. Run Load Data Warehouse job in Full sync again and observe that it fails.
Expected Results: Load Data Warehouse job should succeed
Actual Results: Load Data Warehouse job fails
1. Exclude the attribute from Data Warehouse under Object - Attribute list page; and then run Load Data Warehouse Job with <Full load>
2. Once Load DWH Job completes successfully; Include the attribute back into Data Warehouse and run the Load Data Warehouse Job with <Full load> again
This should help update the attribute properties / size on to DWH Schema.
This is documented as a defect DE39663.
This defect fixed in 15.4.1