ITCM, by default, collects information about every user that logs in to a server/system.
Citrix servers, Typically, have many users (usually 100 to 1000's) logging on, creating many inventory files, thus causing performance issues with Engine collect tasks.
CA Client Automation - All Versions
All Supported versions of Citrix Servers
Make these 4 changes on the Citrix Servers (this only needs to be done once).
1. Collect only computer data:
ccnfcmda -cmd setparametervalue -ps itrm/agent/solutions/uam -pn supportedunittypes -v computer
2. Don’t run amagent every time a user logins in:
ccnfcmda -cmd SetParameterValue -ps itrm/common/caf/plugins/cfnotify -pn enabled -v 0
3. Don’t send Common Configuration Delta Reports:
ccnfcmda -cmd SetParameterValue -ps itrm/agent/cc -pn deltareport -v 0 -manager
4. Stop the cfnotify plugin.
Caf stop cfnotify
Caf disable cfnotify
5. After this is done, take the following actions on the Citrix server:
- Run 'Caf stop'
- Delete the '%sdroot%\..\Agent\units' folder
- Run 'Caf start'
6. To confirm this has worked run the following command and allow the asset job check time to finish (about 5 minutes):
caf start amagent -args /rescan_inventory /rescan_software /collect
7. Now wait for next Engine collect for the Scalability Server this agent reports to and see if the Engine collect performance is better than before.