We have some users (View-Only) license type that after be added as participants in projects they change this license type to Restricted, even once they are marked as collaboration manager the license changes from 'restricted' to 'full'. Why?
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an user with no global rights and delete instance right (Resource - Enter Time); this new user will be: "View-Only".
2. Create another user with all global rights (Administrator user); this new user will be: "Full" user.
3. Login with Administrator user and create a project (this user will be collaboration manager by definition).
4. Go to Team Tab, click again in the down arrow and select: 'Participants'.
5. Click on 'Add' button and all Clarity resources will be displayed, just add the user that was created in step #1 (View-Only user).
6. Now, this user will change license type to 'Restricted', because an automatic right is granted: Project - Participant (Auto).
7. If we want mark this user as 'Collaboration Manager', the license type will change to 'Full', because a new right is granted: Project - Discussion Manager (Auto).
Applies to all supported PAS environments.
This is working by design. These automatic rights allow changing the license type of CA PPM users, even if Administrators go to Administration/Resources and filter by the desired resource; they will not see the rights (neither as instance rights). If you want more information, custom queries are needed to get the full information.
N/A - working as designed.