When attempting to implement LDAP onto SSO for a CA NetQoS Product you can run into this error while attempting an "Option 5: Test LDAP" from the SSO Tool:
Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
CA NetQoS Product Suite
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2012
Older versions of Performance Center use a SSO Timeout setting of '5000' which causes issues with the newer products. The '5000' timeout value can sync down from Performance Center to the product as a Remote Value and can be the cause this problem.
- RDP to the Product Server where you are having the issue.
- Open to SSO Config Tool by executing the <installdir>\portal\sso\bin\ SsoConfig.exe.
- Select your product when the tool launches (usually option 2 while not using Performance Center).
- Select option "1. LDAP Authentication".
- Select option "2. Local Override".
- Select option "13. Timeout".
- Select option update by typing "u".
- Enter in the new value and then press enter: "10000"
- Select option "b" to go back until you see the "Option 5 Test LDAP" and the java error should be gone.