A new install file is available for CA OM Web Viewer for Windows 12.1. Download the new file to resolve the problem.
Go to support.ca.com and login.
Click on Download Management
In the box that says 'Search by Product Name, start typing Web V and select CA Output Management Web Viewer
Click on WEB VIEWER in the box below
Make sure Product Download is selected.
Click on the name of your product
To the right of the section that says CA Output Management Web Viewer 12.1 s1409 - media update
MED500000000001070.ISO, click on the cloud icon to download
Unzip the .iso file to extract the Windows_x64\NoVM installer (CAOMWV.exe).
There are two circumventions (three if you count using an older Java).
Circumvention #1 - RECOMMENDED
- Ensure Java is in the current path. You can check or update your
PATH variable in windows under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advanced System Settings\Environment Variables
- Locate the java program and copy the full path to use in step 5. For example:
3. Left click on Start-> right click on command prompt from the menu, and select Run As administrator to enter the Command Prompt box.
4. Change the current directory to the folder containing the Web Viewer installer (CAOMWV.exe) - wherever you put it after downloading it from support.ca.com. For example:
cd C:\Web Viewer 12.1\InstData\Windows_x64
5. Execute the installer by typing the command using the LAX_VM parameter to specify the Java program. For example:
CAOMWV.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\java.exe"
Use the multi-platform installer. Java -jar CAOMWV.jar
See instructions on how to do that in