When the Windows_x64\NoVM installer (CAOMWV.exe) is run, the installation fails at initialization with the message "LaunchAnywhere Error", "Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM".
Windows Server 2012
Java build 1.8.0_60-b27 and higher
Starting at Java 1.8.0_60, the JAVA.EXE internal build is returned as "600" rather than "60". The Install Anywhere Windows installer does not recognize this new format, preventing installation of Web Viewer.
There are two circumventions (three if you count using an older Java).
Circumvention #1 - RECOMMENDED
1. Ensure Java is in the current path. You can check or update your
PATH variable in windows under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advanced System Settings\Environment Variables
2. Locate the java program and copy the full path to use in step 5. For example:
3. Left click on Start-> right click on command prompt from the menu, and select Run As administrator to enter the Command Prompt box.
4. Change the current directory to the folder containing the Web Viewer installer (CAOMWV.exe) - wherever you put it after downloading it from support.ca.com. For example:
cd C:\Web Viewer 12.1\InstData\Windows_x64
5. Execute the installer by typing the command using the LAX_VM parameter to specify the Java program. For example:
CAOMWV.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\java.exe"
- Use the multi-platform installer. Java -jar CAOMWV.jar
This is not recommended, especially if doing a full install, as this will not install the (Windows specific) Tomcat service. You can install the Tomcat service manually afterwards.
- See instructions on how to do that in TEC1622223 Error #2 trying to start Apache Tomcat as a service with CA Output Management Web Viewer
This problem only impacts the Windows installer (CAOMWV.exe). This does not impact the multi-platform installer or the update installer.