When a user types any value into their timesheet there is number of seconds lag before the character appears. This lag occurs on every character typed.
I have tested a few different use cases and it seems that when you first populate a blank timesheet everything works as expected, however if you add/delete tasks or close and re-open the timesheet then you see this lag. It seems to get worse when more tasks are added to the timesheet.
We have 5 users known with slowness when filling out timesheets. From the 'My Timesheets' portlet, they click the timesheet icon, then click into a cell and as soon as they type any number, it hangs for 20-30 seconds, then another number or character (period) can be typed, but then it hangs for another 20 - 30 seconds.
This has just started since we upgraded to 14.2
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to PPM
- Home, General page - click the 'clock' icon next to an open timesheet on the 'My Timesheets' portlet
- A popup window appears with the timesheet for entry
- Try to have less than 10 rows and enter data into the cells
- If there are less than 10 rows ; the data entry into the cells is reasonable
- Now add more than 10 rows and enter data into the cells
- The system lags and takes too much time to render the data entered and if tabbing, move the cursor to the next cell
- Actual Result: The application is delaying or lagging in trying to keep and render the data entered into the cells
- Now click [Printable Version] and go to the browser Print action to preview the page
- NOTE : For Chrome - Printing does not work at all for any PPM page (reference CLRT-78974)
- Actual Result: On IE and FF the print preview from the browser is not using the Printable Version (reference CLRT-79625)
Expected Result: The Timesheet Detail page should not cause bad performance and bad printing when it is in a popup
Actual Result: The Timesheet Detail page is displayed in a popup and causes bad performance and incorrect printing
Caused by CLRT-78964
This is caused by the popup window. The performance is not impacted when the page is displayed within the primary browser window.
A fix for this issue has been provided in CA PPM 14.4, where a workaround will no longer be needed.
The 'My Timesheets' Portlet can be modified to change the link so that it will NOT display in a pop-up window.
- Login as an administrator user with access to Studio. Navigate to the Administration > Studio > Portlets list.
- Search for and open the 'My Timesheets' portlet
- Navigate to List Column Section, Fields
- Click 'properties' icon for 'Timesheet' [virtual] Image attribute (which has the link to Timesheet Details)
- Uncheck the option 'Open as Pop-up'
- Click 'Save' button
- NOTICE: The 'Image' field now is set to 'Assign Resource'
- This is caused by CLRT-80063
- This is because the Timesheet Clock image is NOT in the list of available images
- So as a workaround for this part, pick 'List' or 'Calendar' for the image (or any other desired icon)
- Login as the Timesheet User and go through the steps to enter data into a Timesheet that has more than 10 rows.
(Change Image selection from 'Assign Resource' to another image and uncheck box 'Open as Pop-up')
Pick 'List' or 'Calendar' for the image (or any other desired icon)
For CLRT-78974, Reference TEC616055 : Using Google Chrome for Print Preview and Print is Failing
For CLRT-79625, Reference TEC1512713 : Timesheet Printable Version is not working on IE and FF
For CLRT-80063, Reference TEC1410516 : What happened to the Timesheet Clock icon in 'My Timesheets' portlet?