Valid for installation on any localized environment
- Non-ASCII System password:
During installation, Server verification fails when system password has non-ASCII characters.
The current installer doesn't support non-ASCII characters for passwords. Use only ASCII characters for password.
- Reports on Oracle Database on Japanese environment:
Unable to open reports on Oracle Database in a Localized environment after applying Japanese Language Pack.
The following error is thrown when accessing the reports
"A database error occurred. The database error text is: (CS) "Invalid native charset: JA16SJISTILDE". (WIS 10901)"
Sample Error Screen Shot:
Follow the below steps for the resolution to fix the invalid native charset:
- Check the oracle.crs file in the location of "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle" and check these character should be added at bottom of the file if not we have to add these code.
- After that we have to update the registry file.
- Go to run and type regedit and enter
- Go to HKEY_Local_machine->software->oracle-> click on Key_oraDb...
- Edit the file NLS_LANG
- And change the text instead of:
To changed it: JAPANESE_JAPAN.UTF8
- Please see the screen shot.