The basic idea is to use the Handler-mechanism in the Release Manager. Assume for example, we have a management server with two nodes.
1. First create the deployment targets (MGT, Node1, Node2) + set the "Handler" from Node1 + Node2 to point to the management node:
2. Set the management connectivity on the MGT server:
3. Create a deployment profile. As you see on the picture below, the deployment is targeted to both nodes, but executed via the MGT Server. It means, that the workflow runs only *once* on that agent, which was defined as "Handler". In our case it runs on the MGT server:
4. Now the „black magic" comes J.. If you look into the evaluation of the dynamic properties, you see the targeted nodes listed as a comma separated list. It means, that when executed on the admin server, both nodes are targeted for the deployment:
(5) Execute the Action "Install Application" in the WebSphere folder