Before running the CONVERT job you need to prepare the Jobtrac history and checkpoint files for the conversion. This procedure will ensure for a successful conversion.
For the History file:
- Review the JTS tables and delete any unused and unneeded entries.
- Remove the history entries that are not needed. This can be done by running GJTRMAHI. Information on the GJTRMAHI utility and its parameters are found in the 'CA-Jobtrac 3.5 Reports Guide' ,chapter 3.5.
- After GJTRMAHI is done, REORG your history file with Jobtrac's SAMPJCL member HISTRORG.
For Check point:
- Run the GJTRMAIV utility with parameters 'ARCH,ALLC,CLEAN'.
- Issue 'missing' command to see if there are any outstanding orphan events. These can be removed by running GJTRMAIV with parameters ARCH,ALL,CLEAN,J=eventname'. Information on the GJTRMAHI utility and its parameters can be found in the 'CA-Jobtrac 3.5 Reports Guide' ,chapter 3.2.