Root Cause: The error “Unable to write local file [/orsyp/DUAS/COMPANY/temp/U_TMP_0003]” means that Dollar Universe cannot write in temp directory because is full.
The temp directory is used during the following actions:
- Normally during the execution of a job, a copy of the job is created here, when the job finish successfully the temporary file is deleted.
- During the offline reorganization a copy of the data file is created here, when the reorganization finish successfully the temporary file is deleted.
- During the UxTrace procedure
Dollar Universe temp directory can be full for some reasons:
-When one job is aborted the temp directory will keep the copy created, this means that after a crash of Dollar Universe so much temporary files will be created provoking a file system full
- If one reorganization is stopped, after the relaunch of Dollar Universe the temporary file created will remain in temp directory and provokes a file system full
-If a reorganization offline is launched but there is not enough space to copy .dta file
- If an UxTrace procedure is launched but there is not enough space to copy the files
Increase the filesystem hosting the temp folder and/or delete unnecessary files from the filesystem.
-In order to keep the temp directory from filling up, the copy of jobs in aborted status should be removed manually. Add this step to your maintenance procedure.
- After a crash, check to ensure that the temp directory has enough space free. if it doesn't then purge the directory manually.
-If an offline reorganization is interrupted, check that there are no temporary file remaining.
-Before launching the UxTrace or an offline reorganization, ensure that enough space is free to copy your data files.
Fix Status: No Fix