The CA Spectrum SpectroSERVER acts as a network management server and represents the Spectrum Enterprise Manager element manager within the IBM Netcool Omnibus Probe.
The Omnibus Probe for CA Spectrum (CORBA) collects alarm information from the SpectroSERVER and sends them to Netcool/OMNIbus.
We might see the following error in the probe.log which might prevent the Spectrum alarms from being sent to the Netcool console.
Error in Omnibus probe log:
2014-08-18T10:31:33: Information: I-JPR-104-000: [stderr]
This error is usually seen when a Spectrum SpectroSERVER is upgraded and the required jar files are not moved to Omnibus probe directory.
Follow the below steps to resolve the issue
1) Logon to SpectroSERVER system
2) Go to the $SPECROOT/lib directory
3) Copy the following jar files from the SpectroSERVER system to the Omnibus probe server:
Note: Considering Spectrum is 9.3 which is reflected in the filenames above.
4) Now logon to Omnibus probe server . Stop the Probe services.
5) Go to the $OMNIHOME/probes/java directory . Remove the older Spectrum jar files and replace them with the new jar files in this java directory.
6) Start the Probe services.
This should solve the problem of Spectrum alarms not being reflected in the Netcool console.