When recording with the DevTest Java Agents, transactions are missing or no transactions are captured.
Where are the missing transactions?
Note: This document assumes:
- Java/EJB level recording - not JDBC recording.
- The DevTest agent is installed correctly
- The application starts and runs correctly with the agent installed
- The agent shows up in the DevTest portal with a green flag next to the name.
- An agent log is created at application startup and contains no errors.
- The application does not crash during the recording process.
All supported DevTest environments.
Here is a general guideline for debugging the missing transactions.
If none of the above help solve your issue, please open a support ticket.
- Are there errors in the agent or application logs? A support ticket may be required to debug.
- If no errors in the log files:
- If some transactions are captured: The agent, most likely is working as expected but the below try the items below to find the missing transaction(s).
- The complete class name including the packed is required. The names are case sensitive, double check the case and spelling.
- Is this class actually called during the transactions you are processing. Sometimes the class is called during setup/login and not during transaction processing.
- Try capturing classes in the same package. Example: you want to capture com.xxx.yyy.zzz.MyClass, try searching and recording for com.xxx.yyy.zzz.*
- Consult your developer to make sure the class and package names are correct and are actually called during the invoked transactions.