When an MVL is used in an adhoc view filter, the page does not refresh and the filter is not being applied. The dataset remains the same.
Steps to replicate:
1. Create an ad hoc view based on the Project Management Domain
2. Set view to display as Table and display Full Data
3. Include Project ID and Project Name
4. Include a multi-value field. For example, Project Sponsor/s
5. Create Project Sponsor/s filter
6. In the filter, select values that have more than one value.
7. Click Apply
Expected result: Ad hoc view should display filtered values
Actual result: Ad hoc view does not refresh
In PPM, for an MVL used in the filter and if only one of the name is provided, the application is smart enough to check all the records having that name. But in Jaspersoft that is not the case - it will check for the entire string (all values in the MVL) and will filter accordingly. Even if the complete string is provided in the filter, it might still not filter for it because Jaspersoft will consider the order in which the names were saved in PPM.
This design was taken up with the development team - DE31068