For simplicity, this guide will use locations in the root directory of the C:\ drive.
Tomcat 7 would be located in C:\Tomcat7
Java would be located in C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_111
After downloading JasperReport Server 6.2 from the CA Support website, move the zip folder onto your Desktop of the Windows server that will host the Report Server. Extract the folder contents and change the folder name to CABI. (Note: The reason this is done is because the installer complains about the folder name being too long)
Afterwards, navigate to the folder ...\CABI_JasperReports_Server_6_2_Windows\ca_install.
In the folder, "...\CABI_JasperReports_Server_6_2_Windows\ca_install" should have 2 types of files:
sample.properties and sample_Oracle.properties
The sample.properties file is used for a MS SQL Server Database versus the sample_Oracle.properties for an Oracle Database.
In the below example, sample.properties is used for MS SQL Server 2012. On this guide is a sample to use, please replace information in <BRACKETS> to the requested information to have the installer proceed successfully.
Sample Properties File
In the same folder, run this command: install.bat -r CA_sample.properties -l <<install.log>>
This will launch the installer for the JasperReport Server product.
Configuring JasperReport Server 6.2 for use with CA Identity Manager
Once the product is installed, perform the following steps using the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server UI:
Note: The navigation mentioned in the following procedure is applicable for Jaspersoft version 6.2 only.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server UI as a Superuser.
- Create an organization with name as IAM.
- Navigate to Manage, Organizations.
- Under root organization, create an organization with name as IAM
- Create a user under the newly created organization.
- Navigate to Manage, Users.
- Select the newly created IAM organization.
- Click Add User.
- Specify the user details.
- Click Add User to IAM.
- Import the CA Identity Manager Reports zip file. The reports zip file is available in the following location, depending upon the CA Identity Manager Report database type:
- Set the permissions to the newly created user.
- Navigate to View, Repository, root, Organizations, IAM.
- Right-click the IAM folder and click Permissions.
- In the Permissions dialog, click User.
- Select Read+Write+Delete permission for the user created under IAM organization.
- Click Apply.
Copy the Required Files to CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server
During CA Identity Manager installation, the installer creates the Jaspersoft token authentication key file (iam.jks) and the iam.properties in the following folder:
\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\JasperKeyGen\keystore\
The installer copies these files to the following corresponding folders based on the application server type:
Follow these steps:
Copy the iam.properties file and iam.jks file to the config folder under the WEB-INF folder, in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server computer.
Specifies the name of the web application mentioned in the sample-properties file while installing the JasperReports Server.
Restart the Tomcat server in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server computer.