Follow the steps below to repoint the IT Asset Manager 12.9 application to use a new EEM server:
Note: If the new EEM server has previously had IT Asset Manager installed against it, then skip step 1.
- Create APM application group in EEM:
- Mount the APM 12.9 installation media on the EEM server. (Do NOT run the installer!)
- Copy the file EEM_CASCM_APP_CREATION.xml from <Media>/EEMSetup folder to the
<drive:>Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\EmbeddedEntitlementsManager\bin directory
- Open a command prompt to the above directory and run the command:
safex -h <hostname> -u EiamAdmin -p <EiamAdminPassword> -f EEM_CASCM_APP_CREATION.xml.
- Launch the EEM Admin UI from Start-> All programs -> CA -> Embedded Entitlements Manager and verify the 'APM' application group is listed in the drop down.
- Update the EEM settings in APM 12.9
- Login to APM as a system administrator
- Click on Administration -> System configuration -> EEM
- Type in the new EEM credentials, including the EEM uapmadmin password, SAVE the changes and logout.
- Perform an IISRESET on both the APM web and APM application servers
- Create an EEM certificate
- Mount the APM 12.9 installation media on the APM web server
- On the APM 12.9 installation media, locate the folder <drive>:\EEMSetup\EEMCertUtilities
- Copy the EEMCertUtilities folder to a local drive (ex. C:\EEMCertUtilities)
- Locate the file: \Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server\bin\CA.Common.LoadConfigurationAttributes.dll.config and copy it to the C:\EEMCertUtilities folder
(overwrite the existing file in this folder)
- From a command line, navigate to the EEMCertUtilities folder and run the EEMCertUtilities.exe program with the following parameters:
EEMCertUtilities [EEM Host] APM EiamAdmin [EiamAdmin pwd] [EEM uapmadmin pwd]
[EEM Host] - Server where CA EEM is installed
APM - CA EEM application name. Do not change this value
EiamAdmin - CA EEM superuser ID. Do not change this value
[EiamAdmin Password] - CA EEM superuser password
[New uapmadmin pwd] - the uapmadmin pwd
- Login to APM with the uapmadmin user id and pwd.