APM 12.6 install Tips:
- Do not use fully qualified domain names when entering server names. Use the logical short name and check that connectivity exists between the primary installation server and the other component servers.
- Check that a 32-bit version of the JDK (not 64-bit, and not just JRE) is installed on the server where AMS (Asset Viewer) will be installed.
JDK 1_6.02 or higher is required. See the implementation guide for setting the JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME and path environment variables.
- The CASM component may fail to install if a 64-bit version of Java is installed, rather than a 32-bit version.
- Verify that firewalls are turned off on all servers needed for installation.
- Verify that port 58086 is open bi-directional on all installation servers.
- Additional default ports used by third party products are listed below:
APM web client = 80
Business Objects XI = 8080
Business Objects Server intelligence agent = 6410, 6400
IT Process Automation Manager = 8080
SQL = 1433, (default port)
Asset Viewer (AMS) = 8090 (Apache Tomcat AMS service)
EEM = 5250
For SSL = 443