• When trying to start the UserInterface or
• When trying to execute the Automic Setup files a windows error message window pops up containing:
" this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect "
This is an error message given by the operating system and can also be found in the event viewer. The UserInterface will not start. The setup will not start or cancel itself.
• Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2005 directly from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387
• Please make sure to download and apply the version 2005 and not any newer version, as only version 2005 contains the libraries Automic components refer to.
• Make sure to follow every step of the "Installation Guides" documented by Automic, especially the dependencies to other programs such as C++ Runtime und Java.
• Contact your Operating System Administrators to investigate multiple installation and version compatibility interferences.