Is there maintenance for the next release of z/OS? How do I find it and what do I have to do?
z/OS, JES2; JES3
You will always need to apply maintenance and follow these instructions when you upgrade z/OS.
Finding the PTFs and Instructions
- Go to https://support.ca.com
- Login at the upper right
- Expand the menu on the upper left by clicking on it
- Select Compatibilities
- On the right hand side, click on z/OS Compatibility
- Under Search Product Name, enter Roscoe
- This will bring up supported z/OS releases
- Under your z/OS level, you will find the PTFs you require and instructions.
Steps to Accomplish the Upgrade
- Specify the correct SYSTEM, MVSSPL and JESSPL parameters in the ROSGBL.
- After upgrading MVS and/or JES, you must reassemble MRO6010, ROSGBL.
- You need to modify the SMP/E procedure, CAIRO60 with updated syslibs to match z/OS system specifications.
- JES2 users must reinstall MRO6029, ROJES2XT to enable users to print the files from a job file.
- JES3 local users must reinstall MRO6015, IATUX30 that's applicable to your system. It is required by the CA Roscoe job facility.
Note: JES3 Global users are not required to install IATUX30.
TEC492317 I would like to upgrade CA Roscoe ahead of the z/OS upgrade? Can I do it?
Refer to the CA Roscoe 6.0 MVS System Reference Guide for more information.