Is there any problem changing from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office Outlook with CA Output Management Web Viewer? We are configured for MAPI.
Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook 365
If Web Viewer was configured to use MAPI mail before, then as long as Outlook is going to be installed on the all the users' desktops, then no changes to the Web Viewer configuration are required. See below for other considerations:
Using Microsoft Office Installed on the Users' PCS
There isn't any problem changing from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office Outlook with CA Output Management Web Viewer as a mail client as long as everyone has Outlook installed on their desktops.
Make sure that Outlook is defined as the default email client on their PCs.
In Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can set the default mail client:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select the Default Programs section.
- Select Outlook from the list of applications on the left
- Click the button on the right to set this program as default.
You can also set Outlook as the default email client from within Outlook
- From the top menu, select File
- Select Options
- From the General menu Under Startup Options, Check 'Make Outlook the default email program for E-mail, contacts and calendar
- Click on OK
Using Microsoft Office as Webmail from a Browser
You will need to reconfigure Web Viewer to use SMTP:
IF everyone is going to be using webmail, you can configure that in Administration tab.
- Select Preferences->Output Defaults->Emailing->Email Type
- Select the check mark next to SMTP
- For Server, fill in the mail server address or IP name
- For Use authentication - get the answer from your mail administrator
- For Security requires TLS or SSL - get the answer from your mail administrator
- port number
When you configure the mail client, it will be the same for everyone. You cannot mix MAPI mail and SMTP mail types.
Web Viewer SMTP mail is not nearly as easy to use as MAPI mail. There is no address book available.