This document describes how to set-up the Harweb runtime environment to start an application server hosting Harweb on UNIX.
Harweb requires below components to work properly:
- Harvest Command line
- Java SDK
- JDBC drivers to work properly on an Application Server (ex: Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere Application Server)
- Harweb libraries/modules
Below steps may help you to prepare run-time environment for Harweb. It involves creation of a copy of one of the Harvest wrapper scripts from $HARVESTHOME/bin and adding necessary Java references towards the end of that file. Once this is done, you just need to "source" this file prior to starting the Application Server hosting Harweb.
- Install Harvest command line on the machine (follow steps in Harvest Install Guide)
- Install Harweb (follow steps in Harvest Install Guide)
- cd $HARVESTHOME
- grep -v exec $HARVESTHOME/bin/hco > $HARVESTHOME/.jhsdk.setup
- Edit $HARVESTHOME/.jhsdk.setup file in your favourite editor and append references to JAVA and CLASSPATH
JAVA_HOME=<location to Java SDK directory>; export JAVA_HOME
PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/jre/bin:$PATH; export PATH
CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib:$JAVA_HOME/lib:$HARVESTHOME/lib:.:$CLASSPATH; export CLASSPATH
Note: Please adjust the above according to your necessity. The above are usually minimum required. Note: You may need to add <HarwebInstallDirectory>/WEB-INF/lib to the $CLASSPATH above.
- Now save the file $HARVESTHOME/.jhsdk.setup
- chmod u+x $HARVESTHOME/.jhsdk.setup
- Source the file $HARVESTHOME/.jhsdk.setup
- If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or Bash shells, enter the following command:
- If you are using the C shell modify .jhsdk.setup file to make appropriate changes needed for C shell and then enter the following command:
- Start your application server hosting Harweb (ex: $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh for Tomcat)
Using above method you should have appropriate run-time necessary for Harweb.