Is there a way to modify dates on existing Fiscal Time Periods that have already been used? Also, is it possible to deactivate older Fiscal Periods so that we do not see them in pick lists for creating cost plans or in other areas of the application?
We need to modify future fiscal period dates and the periods are already activated. It seems if a Fiscal periods is not activated dates can be changed, however when we try to update the existing active periods, the active flag is grayed out and cannot modify it. The application states that the period cannot be deactivated because it is in use by a project. We need to find a way to modify these periods.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login as an application administrator user
- Administration, Finance: Setup, Entities
- Select an existing Entity, Fiscal Time Periods
- Select/check an active Fiscal Time Period
- From the 'Actions' link, select 'Deactivate'
Actual Result: Red Error Message appears: One or more of the Fiscal Time Periods selected is in use and cannot be deactivated. Sometimes, no error message is given at all, the application simply refreshes and the item is not deactivated as expected.
Once a Fiscal Time Period has been used it cannot be deactivated. The application queries the database to look for places where this period may be currently used. There may be places where you can remove the use of the time period and there are other places where you cannot remove the associated use of the time period as per the functionality to keep the data integrity intact.
Open the 'getUsedFiscalTimePeriodIds' attachment for an Oracle or MSSQL SELECT query that identifies where the fiscal time periods are being used in your database.
When the Administrator attempts to deactivate a specific Fiscal Time period, the application checks to see if the period is being used in the following places:
- Chargeback Invoices: If it is used here, you cannot delete the invoices, so you won't be able to release the use of the fiscal period for deactivation.
- Investment Financial Plans (Cost Plans, Benefit Plans and Budget Plans): You can update Cost Plans and Benefit Plans properties to change the data not to include this fiscal period date. If BUDGET Plans exist where it uses or encompasses the specific Fiscal Time Period, you won't be able to modify the Budget Plan to release the use of the fiscal period for deactivation. If the fiscal period is used in inactive investments, you can choose to delete all financial transactions and delete the investment to release the fiscal period.
- Administration, GL Allocation - Standard Rules (Debit) & Credit Rules: You can locate and remove references to the Fiscal Time Period
- Administration, Finance: Setup, Entity, Financial Plan Defaults: You can remove the default settings for the Fiscal Period selections not to include this date period
- Custom Fiscal TSV Attributes: If you have a custom, fiscal TSV attribute defined and object instance data is using the selected fiscal period, you can change the data to not include this fiscal period date.
The only supported method for changing a Fiscal Time Period date range is through the application user interface when the period is in a 'deactivated' state. We do not support direct database table updates as this can cause data integrity issues.
Vote for the following Community Idea: Fiscal Time Period Start, End - allowing changes until 'approved'