You can remove Knowledge Documents as shown below after you retired them.
- Log into Service Desk Manager (SDM) using a SDM privilege account and open 'Administration' tab.
- Go to 'Knowledge' > 'Knowledge Categories'. Knowledge Categories Windows will be displayed.
- Right click on a retired Knowledge Document and select "Delete selected Document".
- Open 'Administration' tab and go to 'Archive and Purge' > 'Archive and Purge Rules'.
- Click on <Show Filter> button and select "Inactive" from 'Status' drop down list and type "Knowledge%" in 'Rule Name' field. Hit <Search> button.
- Open a Rule named "Knowledge Document" and click <Edit>.
- Change the Status to "Active" and other settings you need. Save the changes.
- Click on <Run Now> to execute Archive and Purge.
Knowledge Documents that match a value of 'Days Inactive' and 'Additional Query' will be archived and purged.
- Running Archive and Purge may affect performance of Service Desk Manager. We recommend to test it on your test server first, and execute it on your production box during non-business hour.
- Take a backup before you run archive and purge.