This document states whether or not a task list exist for changing the collection interval time.
Is there a task list to change the collection interval time?
z/OS 1.11 and above.
The steps below can be used to change the interval time for non-cross system collections. In this example the Interval time is being changed from 4 hours to 1 hour:
1) If you start collections using MVS Modify commands, change the INT value in your collections from (0400) to INT(0100)
2) If you start collections using the Online panels, change the "Interval Time ==>" value on the "DETECTOR Start Collection Display" to ==> 01 : 00
Since the Maximum Number of Intervals value cannot be increased you may want to create a new Datastore. This is because you will now use 4 intervals to collect the same amount of data that you used to collect in 1 interval. Hence, 24 hours of data will now take 24 intervals instead of 6. Therefore, your current Maximum Number of Intervals value will need to be increased by 4 on the new Datastore. The easiest way to do this is:
1) Create a new temporary Datastore on the Online panels (Option 7)
2) Stop your current collection
3) Use the PDTDSCPY job in your <High.Level>.CDBASRC library to copy your current Datastore into a Temporary one
4) Verify that you can see the data on your Temporary Datastore correctly. If so, delete your current Datastore using option 2 on the Detector Main menu
5) Recreate your current Datastore with a "Maximum Number of Intervals" value 4 times greater than it currently is. (You can also use the PDTDSALC job in your <High.Level>.CDBASRC library to recreate your Datastore. If you use this job, make sure that your MAXI parameter value is 4 times greater than it currently is)
6) Use the PDTDSCPY job to copy your Temporary Datastore into the Datastore that you created in Step 5
7) Verify that you can see the data on your Step 5 Datastore correctly. If so, delete your Temporary Datastore
8) Restart your collection
Determine whether or not you are running cross system collections. If so, consider Tech Doc TEC1898563.